With the cold and snowy winters we have in Ontario, March is often the earliest that we start to see the signs of spring, and gardeners can’t wait to get back into their gardens after months of winter! While you can’t do too much just yet, try some of these March chores to get you back into the gardening mood.
• Garden clean-up like cutting dead growth and cleaning flower beds
• Start to pull weeds before they get too big
• Apply mulch to your garden as you pull the weeds
• Fertilize evergreens
• Plant dahlia bulbs
• Start annuals inside
• Repair damaged parts of your lawn
• Repair fencing and arbours that have been damaged over the winter
Get all of the soil, mulch and aggregates you need for the season from Dirt Cheap in Kitchener!